Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Build a Life




Sometimes we’re so busy focusing on one aspect of our lives that others begin to wither. Eventually even the part we focused on begins to suffer because of the imbalance.

Months ago the phrase “Build a Life Not an Empire” came to me. At first I thought it was because I saw so many people bent on living the hustle and burning out. But I saw that I too was living out of balance. I may have balked at the hustle, but I was still only focused on one or two aspects of my life.

Some of the imbalance comes from codependent behaviors I developed from childhood and some from current circumstances. When we’re codependent we focus only on others and in an especially unhealthy way. And sometimes current situations leave you feeling as though you have to focus all your energy on one thing.

Balance is everything. As a Priestess of the goddess Ma’at you’d think I’d get this balance and harmony thing. But I am a Priestess of Ma’at because it’s what I need to realize in my life. We are complex beings. We feel whole when we acknowledge all aspects of ourselves and work to integrate them. I’m still learning to live in balance and I understand that balance is not a static state. Integration is an ongoing process of making whole.

Teaching has become a larger part of my process. I hope that you will join me for the workshops I’ve created and continue to create. The main things I’m working on right now are gratitude, forgiveness, connection and solitude, so, of course, I’m teaching about those. I’m also a writer and as I work towards success there, I’ll be facilitating workshops and programs in embodying what I call the 5 Predictors of Success as well some on the creative process itself.

All things naturally move towards balance and harmony if we let them. As we open ourselves to life and trust it we begin to realize we are already whole and holy. There really is nothing we need to do. Our becoming is a given when we can simply be in the mystery of Being Itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment