Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Lessons from the Laundromat - The Law of Circulation



Photo by KoalaParkLaundromat on pixabay

Last year we had to move unexpectedly. My husband, a friend and I landed in a great place. We moved from an old apartment building to a large four bedroom house with a backyard. The only thing missing is a washer and dryer. So we take bi-monthly trips to the laundromat.

At first I hated the idea, but we didn’t have the funds for a washer and dryer. So off we trekked to a place called Superior Laundry about 10 minutes down the road with our bags of laundry. At 8:30 a.m. on a Monday morning we arrived to find it kind of busy. I hoped it would all go smoothly.

We got our carts and found machines that weren’t being used. So far so good. I noticed the dryers were just about all busy. Damn, I thought. Would we have to wait? We didn’t.

As we made our way through the process, I noticed the flow. No one seemed to have to wait. As long as you stayed in the flow, cleared out the machines when they were done and moved along at a decent pace all needs were met.

When I walked in and saw that it was busy, I was thinking from a lack mindset. The laundromat is a place of continual flow and movement. There wasn’t going to be a hold up because everything kept moving.

This is true of our experiences and lives. All is in continual flow. As long as things keep moving and we stay in the flow, we get what we need.

I did notice there were possible problems when someone put their laundry in the dryers and then staked out folding space for the next 30 minutes or so. That space could have been used by someone else who would have been finished by the time that person’s clothes were dry.

This is how we can block the flow of life around us. Holding onto anything you’re not using can cause a backup. Just like the laundromat, life is a process. There is a continual flow. That’s not to say there aren’t times of rest of course, but it’s all process and movement.

Now I remember to stay in the flow at the laundromat and I’m learning to do it in all areas of my life. Life is a gift to be used and to be given. May we all stay in the flow of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment